What is Opdivo® 100mg?
The generic name of Opdivo® 100mg is Nivolumab. Opdivo® 100mg is a prescription medicine used to treat:
- People with a type of skin cancer called melanoma.
- People with a type of advanced-stage lung cancer called non-small cell lung cancer.
- People with a type of lung cancer called small cell lung cancer.
- People with kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma).
- Adults with a type of blood cancer called classical Hodgkin lymphoma.
- People with head and neck cancer (squamous cell carcinoma).
- People with bladder cancer (urothelial carcinoma).
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older, with a type of colon or rectal cancer (colorectal cancer).
- People with liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma).
What is Opdivo® 100mg Used For?
Opdivo® 100mg is used in Quitman, GA for the treatment of:
- Unresectable or metastatic melanoma
- Metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Advanced renal cell cancer
- Classical Hodgkin's lymphoma (CHL)
- Recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)
- Locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma
- Metastatic small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
- Adult and pediatric patients with unresectable or metastatic, microsatellite instability-high (MSI-H) or mismatch repair deficient solid tumors or colorectal cancer
- Hepatocellular cancer (HCC)
- Unresectable advanced, recurrent or metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)
- Advanced or metastatic gastric cancer, and gastroesophageal junction cancer, and esophageal adenocarcinoma
How To Use Opdivo® 100mg?
Opdivo® 100mg is used in Quitman, GA alone or with other drugs to treat certain types of esophageal cancer, gastroesophageal junction cancer, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, renal cell carcinoma, melanoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma of the head, and neck, classic Hodgkin lymphoma, urothelial carcinoma, and malignant pleural mesothelioma. Opdivo® 100mg Comes As A Liquid Solution in Quitman, GA and it is given as an intravenous (IV) infusion, which is an injection into your vein. Opdivo® 100mg infusions last about 30 minutes. Opdivo® 100mg infusions are typically given every few weeks. To Order Opdivo® 100mg Online you can count on Healthwire Georgia.
Why Opdivo® 100mg is Prescribed?
Opdivo® 100mg Helps The Immune System Kill Cancer Cells. Opdivo® 100mg is also approved for use in children ages 12 years and older with certain types of colorectal cancer. Opdivo® 100mg has been found effective for treating several different forms of cancer. Opdivo® 100mg is used alone or in combination with other medicines that work with your immune system to Interfere With The Growth And Spread of Cancer Cells in the body.
What Conditions Does Opdivo® 100mg Treat?
Opdivo® 100mg is used alone or in combination with other medicines to treat adults with:
- Advanced Skin Cancer (Melanoma)
- Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
- Pleural Mesothelioma (Cancer That Affects The Lining Of The Lungs And Chest Wall)
- Kidney Cancer
- Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Cancer Of The Stomach And Esophagus
- Squamous Cell Cancer of The Esophagus Or Head And Neck
- Bladder Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
Opdivo® 100mg Dosage
Opdivo® 100mg is an FDA-Approved Medicine. Opdivo® 100mg, as a single agent or in combination with ipilimumab, is indicated for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma. Opdivo® 100mg comes as a liquid solution. Opdivo® 100mg is given by intravenous (IV) infusion (an injection into your vein that’s given over a period of time). The infusion lasts about 30 minutes. Opdivo® 100mg Infusion is given in a healthcare facility. Opdivo® 100mg infusions are given every 2, 3, or 4 weeks. Your infusion schedule will depend on the condition you are using Opdivo® 100mg to treat and the dosage your doctor prescribes.
What Are Opdivo® 100mg Interactions?
Opdivo® 100mg interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible Drug Interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval in Quitman, GA.
Side Effects of Opdivo® 100mg:
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Lymphocytopenia (Low White Blood Cells)
- Low Sodium
- Shortness of Breath
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Decreased Appetite
- Increased Serum Creatinine
- Low Potassium
- Low Magnesium
- High Calcium
- High Potassium
- Low Calcium
- Abdominal Pain
- Increased Serum AST
- Increased Serum Alkaline Phosphatase
- Chest Pain
- Weight Loss
- Joint Pain
- Increased Serum ALT
Cautions To Take Opdivo® 100mg:
- Before starting Opdivo® 100mg, tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking.
- Do not receive any kind of immunization or vaccination without your doctor's approval while taking Opdivo® 100mg
- Inform your health care professional if you are pregnant or may be pregnant prior to starting this treatment.
- For both men and women: Do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking Opdivo® 100mg.
- Do not breastfeed while taking this medication.